I went back to work today after using my 5 days of paternity leave (that I will have to pay back @ the end of residency). Luckily, this week will not be too bad, but I start my cardiac anesthesia rotation next week, and that will definitely be difficult. I guess I should be glad that I even got the 5 days.
Lela was started of antibiotics on Sunday (vancomycin and a cephalosporin). Dr. Baer had drawn a blood culture earlier in the week because Lela had some abnormality on her blood work (low platelet count). Well, the culture came back positive. She doesn't look like she has a infection, so it is either a contaminated sample or we just caught it very early. Nonetheless, they plan to treat for 7 days.
I should get back to work...
We miss you, too!
ReplyDeleteI vote contamination. But what do I know about neonatal sepsis...very little. We enjoy the pics and posts and continue to pray for all 3 of you. I know you have lots of family close by, but please let us know if there is anything we can do for you.
ReplyDelete