Monday, July 27, 2009

Just Because . . .

I'm posting this picture just because it's awesome. Miss Lela is so freakin cute that words escape me.

We had a nice day today. Babak had to go back to work so I spent most of my day hanging with Lela at the NICU. Grandma Connie took me to the hospital for the 9:00 am feed. After breakfast, Lela stayed awake and alert for about 45 minutes (a first for her - she usually passes out towards the end of a feed) providing endless entertainment for me and Mom. Mom eventually left the hospital for the airport and Lela and I got in another hour of kangaroo time. (See this post all about kangaroo care). It was fantastic. I had a whole list of things to do today, and instead I spent most of my day at the NICU. I figured that Lela would prefer her mother hold and feed her and she couldn't care less if her mother changed the sheets on the beds or wrote thank-you notes or called Verizon to inquire about a ridiculously high phone bill or scheduled a long-overdue dental cleaning. Hey - if my teeth all fall out, I can always turn to breast milk. Lela likes it.

1 comment:

  1. I love this picture. She looks so content and happy.

    ReplyDelete