Thursday, July 23, 2009

Lela...she'll cure what ails ya


As Babak posted, I was discharged from the hospital today and it was rough. I tried my best to get the doctors to keep me another few days ("Doctor...don't you think my swollen cankles need further observation?!") but they were pretty certain that I am in good health and ready to go home. I was very hormonal and weepy when we left the hospital and then add in dizzy and nauseous when my Percocet kicked in as I was riding in a car and by the time evening rolled around, I was a total mess. But, at 9:00 pm Babak, Shohreh, Hamid, Connie and I piled back into the car and headed to the hospital for Lela's evening feeding. I swear, within 30 seconds of getting that little girl back in my arms I felt cured. There's just something about her that will heal all the bad in the world - at least all the bad I feel. I need to figure out how to bottle her scent and carry it with me like smelling salts. I feel like an addict. And she has that affect on others, too. Hamid walked out of the NICU looking positively drunk, he was smiling so widely. She is just such a joy and I am so lucky to somehow have had the good fortune to be her mother.

1 comment:

  1. Mom love is simply amazing, isn't it? I couldn't imagine it would be that transforming, but it truely is. I love reading Little Lela's blog every day. It's the first place I go on the internet. Love to all!

    ReplyDelete