Monday, July 12, 2010

Sickness

Sorry we've been neglecting our blogging duties here at Casa de Tabatabai, but we've been busy, lazy and sick. Lela was sick, that is. This past weekend, the poor baby came down with some nasty viral infection and her fevers were shooting up past 105! I tell you, it is scary to see the thermometer get up that high. Anyway, she is over the worst of it and is now on the mend.

Of course, I would cut off my right arm if I could guarantee that Lela would never be sick again...but I must admit that she's awfully cute when she's not feeling well. Not that I enjoyed her pain, but I did enjoy how long she was willing to stay in my lap and cuddle. These days, Lela is too much on-the-go to bother with something boring like sitting in Mama's lap. But this weekend, I got to enjoy her little (feverish) cheek pressed up against my chest for hours. It reminded me of our old kangaroo care days (see the first one here!).

Writing this post just now brought a little sadness to my heart, thinking that my baby girl is already getting too big and independent to give her Mama cuddles. Of course, this is nothing compared to the later stages when when I'm sure she'll want to keep at least a 15 foot space between us, lest any of the cool kids think she's related to that lame lady over there. Lela, I can say this with confidence now: no matter how old you are or how cool, you can always rest your head on my shoulder any time you need your Mama and I'll always do my best to make you feel better. Because no matter how old you are, you will always and forever be my baby girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment