Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Family time

This post is already several weeks out of date, but a couple of weekends ago we hosted a nice family day at our house. Babak's parents and brother came over and we grilled up a Persian feast (yummy kabab). And best of all, we got to meet Babak's cousin Shahab! Shahab lives in Vancouver with his wife (who we were sorry not to meet as well) and was in Baltimore for a conference.

Lela seemed to like Shahab quite a bit. She had a great time showing him her awesome cardboard box. Aside: the box originally contained a brand new rocking horse, which was sitting in the corner neglected when this picture was taken. I don't know why we buy this kid any toys at all. I think I'm going to give her some boxes and tissue paper for her birthday and call it a day.


Ok, she did play with the rocking horse a bit. And she has played with it since then...right now it's very useful for pulling herself up and banging on the seat. I'm sure she'll enjoy riding it when her legs grow a little longer. Thanks Maman Shohreh and Baba Hamid for the darling early birthday gift!
Check out this adorable dress that Shahab brought for Lela (I'm sure his wife picked it out - thanks Blerina!) How beautiful is this little girl?!

After gorging on kabab, Babak and I took Shahab on the briefest and least informative of driving tours of Washington, DC. All in all, it was a great weekend with the family.


No comments:

Post a Comment