Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter bluebonnets

-
On our way to Easter Sunday fun at my friend Marissa's family's ranch, we stopped for the obligatory photos-in-a-field-of-bluebonnets.  Every child who grew up in South Texas has photos in a field of bluebonnets. They grow wild, often on the side of the road, and every spring there are dozens of cars pulled off on the side of the road taking bluebonnet photos.  There were probably 10 other cars doing the same thing while we were taking these photos.  The sun was really bright so we're all a little squinty, but the photos are still pretty adorable.  


Sash started to fuss, so Lela tried to comfort her.Sister hugs usually do the trick.


Awww...sweet.

Happy girl!



Even happier!   

My friend Marissa - one of my oldest friends in the world.


Easter at the ranch was a blast.  There was face painting and a pinata.


Waiting in line to gently tap the pinata.  Fortunately, there were some older kids that eventually took down the pinata.  That thing would still be swinging if left up to Lela, Lyla and Sofia!


A hay ride


Lela and Sofia on the egg hunt!  I hope these girls stay friends for years and we can show them these photos one day!


1 comment:

  1. I think I have pictures like that and I didn't even grow up there. Lol.

    ReplyDelete