Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Let's go to Monkey Island!!!

Lela's activity mat is themed "Monkey Island," presumably because there is a hanging monkey as well as a hanging fish. (Thanks Jordan, Lauren and Hannah!!) Lela is just now starting to focus on objects, mostly faces, so we decided it was time for her to visit Monkey Island for a little bit each day. We think she saw herself in the hanging mirror, and she actually grabbed one of the hanging fishes once (though it was probably accidental). Monkey Island is also good for tummy time and Lela is building up her neck strength. The funniest is when she is laying on her tummy on the pillow and she starts working her legs: the result is that her legs tip her body over the apex of the pillow and drive her head into the floor. Funny for us, probably not funny for her. I wish I had a better picture.

I'm not sure she fully appreciates Monkey Island yet, but it does make for some pretty cute pictures.

Grabbing the toy

Checking out the monkey

Tummy Time





Tired from all of the stimulation

1 comment: