Thursday, September 17, 2009

At two months, I weigh...


I weigh 8 lbs, 4 oz!!!!!

Can you believe it? Actually, the doctor didn't even believe it and she brought in a second scale to weigh me again. I know I've been eating like a little piglet lately, but it's still pretty impressive that I gained 3 pounds in the last month. My pediatrician says babies typically double their birth weight by the time they are 4 months old, but I doubled mine in two months!

Yes!!

Also, I'm now 20 inches long, so I grew 4 inches since birth. I'm still only in the 10th percentile for weight, but when you adjust my age to my gestational age (meaning I'm the equivalent of a 1 week old baby), I am in the 75th percentile for weight and head circumference and the 50th percentile for height. Not bad!

I also got some vaccines today and my screaming almost broke my mommy's heart. But, I recovered quickly and stopped crying almost immediately.

Gotta go - Mommy wants to rock me and cuddle now to assuage her guilt over my getting stabbed with needles this afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. OMG! I was going to guess 6lbs 10oz, but I had no idea! Little Lela is growing so fast!!

    ~Maeve

    ReplyDelete