Sunday, August 2, 2009

Friends

Whazzup guys?!

Our friends Sarah and Samer came to visit last night. And, because they are wonderful people and because I was having a bit of an anxiety attack over the list of chores to complete before our baby comes home, they generously offered to stop at Buy Buy Baby on the way to the hospital and pick up a chair for our nursery as well as a few other essentials. (The chair is a loaner chair the store offered while we wait for the chair we ordered to arrive sometime in late August or early September. The store was nice enough to offer the loaner for free after I told them the story of my baby coming way early and how well she is doing in the NICU and how she really needs a comfy chair in which to be fed and rocked when she comes home earlier than expected from the hospital. The only catch is that we had to pick up the chair ourselves and the thing certainly would not fit in the Prius or the Honda. Enter Samer and his 4Runner). Besides the chair, they also picked up a Boppy and a carseat mat and a hands-free pumping bra which is the most ludicrous looking contraption that has totally revolutionized my life. I would go into more detail, but this is a family website and my dad already had to suffer through one previous post that over-shared on the topic of breasts and pumps and whatnot. (See here).

Anyway...besides serving as our personal baby gear delivery service, Samer is also a great amateur photographer and he snapped about a million beautiful pics of Miss Lela, who was surprisingly awake and alert for a large chunk of the visit. I know that most of you are more interested in the pictures than in my rambling (ahem, Hamid), so I will stop chatting and post some pics for your viewing enjoyment.

No comments:

Post a Comment