Thursday, March 11, 2010

Time for Nutrisystem

Lela tried on her new swimsuit for us over the weekend. (Thanks, Tiffany!) How absolutely ADORABLE is this little suit?!

But, um, it turns out that Lela has put on a few pounds of holiday weight and she wasn't quite in swim suit form.

Can we say "thankles"? (As in, her thighs extend down to the ankles).
Tiffany even called me before purchasing to make sure that she bought a size that would fit Lela by the summer and I said that since she's 15 pounds and wearing 6 month clothes right now, a 9 month suit should fit. I was wrong.

Apparently, Ralph Lauren does not design for the rotund baby. The tag says 20-24 pounds and 9 months, but Lela's 15 pounds of pudge are already busting out of its seams. Good thing I tried it on before removing the tag! I'll just swap it for a larger size (you think 2T? at the rate she's growing!) and she'll still be the cutest baby on the beach this summer.
Now, I'm off to make summer beach plans. We must have an excuse to photograph her in her swimwear again!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Em, the same thing happened the first time I put a swim suit on Amanda when she was a baby. I think if it isn't tight when it gets wet it will be saggy which wouldn't be very stylish! Also, she'll be stretching out soon so it might fit better in a couple of months. Love the pictures, keep 'em coming. Love, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks super cute in the bathing suit!

    ReplyDelete