Thursday, March 18, 2010

Eating, Part I


I realized I have quite a few pictures of Lela eating, Lela's food, or Lela's food-eating tools and apparati to share with the blog.

This is the fisher price rainforest booster seat gifted to Lela by Uncle Leshaw (thanks!). I had stashed it on a shelf in Lela's closet and forgot about it until today. Turns out, it is much nicer to feed Lela in a chair instead of her bouncy seat (which requires me to sit on the floor) and I wish I had brought it out sooner! Also, it has an impressive set of toys that attach to the tray so baby is entertained not in the let's-see-how-many-times-mommy-will-pick-up-the-toy-I-throw-on-the-floor sort of way.


Lela has started drinking water from a sippy cup. Well, she doesn't seem to be getting much water out yet, but she likes to hold the cup and gnaw on the spout.

Lela has stepped up her food variety in the last week or two. She's now eating green beans, peas, sweet potatoes, butternut squash and pears. I've been making her baby food - just steam or bake, puree, and freeze in ice cube trays. Then, I put the baby food popsicles into labeled ziplocs for easy access. Easy peasy!

I think we'll try another fruit next. Any suggestions? What are some of the favorites we haven't tried yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment