Monday, December 7, 2009

Snow!



We had our first snowfall of the season on Saturday. Of course, Lela is an old pro with the snow thanks to the freak September snowstorm we experienced in Colorado. We thought she would be a little more interested in the snow this time around but she didn't seem to notice. Of course, she was pretty well covered. Like a little pink, fuzzy nun.

1 comment:

  1. Lela Joon:
    I love you. Now that you are doing wonderfully, I can say it:
    First I was always worried that I may not live long enough to see my grandchildren (your Baba can tell one day about that). I was so releived and delighted when you arrived (in your momy's belly!).
    Then I was worried to death when they had to bring you out so early. You were so tiny with all those tubes attached to you. This is a time not to be a doctor. I was worried for you for few months, thinking of all the things that could go wrong. I was heart broken for your dad & Mom. I knew how much more pain and worry they were feeling. I could not do anything about it, not even talk about it because that would upset them more. They were such brave and cool parents though.They loved you and nurtured you and did not show one bit of their worries (in fact your Baba told Shohreh in early days "tell Baba to chill out"!
    Now it's all gone. I was so releived when you started crying, then looking at your Dad's face and smile for the first time, and so delightful these days: laughing, communicating in your own way...I love you. Now I imagine will be gaurding you, (with a machine gun as my friend Jim says), against all those boys who will be coming around when your are a woderful teenager, attracted to your beauty and charming personality...(see I am a worrier). Love you girl. Baba Hamid

    ReplyDelete