Wednesday, December 16, 2009

All good things must come to an end...

Guess what today is? Today is the day of the second-to-last blog post. Mommy is putting the blog to rest and she's sad about it. She has had the most fun keeping up this blog to show off pictures of me, but she just doesn't have enough time to keep updating it now that she's back at work. She wants to spend her time at home playing with me! Plus, my future brother or sister will feel awfully neglected one day when they discover that I got my own blog for 5 months and they have only half of their baby book filled out.

Don't worry. You can still keep up with me and my antics if you email Mommy (at somers_emily@hotmail.com) and ask to be included on the email list for future photo distributions.

Lastly, my Mommy is going to print this blog into a book that I will read one day. It would be so nice if you could leave me a note in the comment section so I will know and remember all of you who followed my baby blog. Thanks for checking in on me each week!

11 comments:

  1. Lela, you are undoubtedly the prettiest, smartest and best behaved baby of my acquaintance. And your Mom and Dad are super-parents to have kept the blog up so well and for so long. Thank you for doing so much to allow me to enjoy my grandparent status despite the distance! Gran (Grandma Connie)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious Lela, I have had so much fun watching you grow these past 5 months! Have fun exploring the world! Love, Rachel George

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have truly enjoyed sharing in your precious first months through this blog. What a fabulous mom (and dad) you have! You are so loved, and I cannot wait to see what the future holds for you!
    With love from Georgia, Christy Shropshire

    ReplyDelete
  4. My little Lela, even though we have only met twice these first five of your months I have become so close through your blog. Everytime I look at you it brings the kind of feeling and smiles that can only be love. Oh, it's going to be fun to follow your adventures. Where ever you are please know that grandparents love unconditionally. Hugs forever, -r

    ReplyDelete
  5. we will miss the lovely notes of lela's life so far but we hope to get pics and keep in touch! i would love to meet you sometime..be good to your parents..you will be forever thankful to all the work they have to go through to just to see you succeed! it's priceless!:) ali keeps his eye out for you:) love sheri, omead, naz and ali:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lela, you and your blog always brightened my days and I will miss seeing your funny, adorable pictures. We will always stay in touch and I cannot wait to see you soon! Love and hugs, Auntie Becca

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lela, it has been a great joy to watch you grow into the beautiful, thriving baby that you are. Your smiles and silly faces never failed to make me feel happy. I'm so appreciative that your mom and dad let us share in your first months in this way. What a generous thing for them to do! And what a lucky girl you are, surrounded by such a loving family. Love from your great-aunt Anne (mother of your "Mary Poppins" nanny)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Lela,
    You have the most wonderful parents in the world, but you probably already know that. One day, your dad is going to tell you that it's really important that you go to all of your classes at school. Don't worry. He never went to any of his classes in medical school and look at him today!! ;) Wish you the best always. Love, Nazzy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lela,

    I am friends with your Maman Shohreh and Baba Hamid.

    It has been a real pleasure to watch the story of your birth and your day to day activities.

    You were born into a wonderful family and I know that you will be surrounded with love all your life, as you have been since day 1.

    All my best to you and your mom and dad.

    Caryl Fletcher

    ReplyDelete
  10. Baby Lela,

    I've loved seeing pictures of your first 5 months - you are the absolute cutest little girl. I can't wait to meet you in person so I can be your super-fun honorary Aunt. Your parents are wonderful and you'll be surrounded with love.

    Just a note for the far-off future, when you get to college at Emory, although your mommy might instruct you otherwise, you should be a Theta.

    Hugs & kisses,
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lela jon,

    I love you very much and will always be there if you need anything. Hopefully as you are reading this you guys are still living close by and I get to visit you and your parents often. If not then at least for the holidays!

    Love,
    Uncle Ali

    ReplyDelete