Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween FLAMINGO


When asked, Lela said she wanted to be a flamingo for Halloween.  I wasn't sure if she understood the concept of Halloween, and I certainly didn't know where she came up with FLAMINGO, so I waited a few days and asked again.  Again, she said FLAMINGO.  So we set about coming up with a passable flamingo costume! 



I have to thank Grandma Connie, who sewed the second pink tutu into a cape/flamingo wings, and ShuShu, who found the flamingo hat. 


Lela had a great time twirling around in the costume, but she was a little unsure about the act of trick-or-treating.  Of course, once she got to the second house and she realized that she got CANDY just for saying, "trick or treat!" she was having a great time.



We joined up with Sophie, the 5 year old across the street whom Lela adores.   The two of them had a great time.  And Babak and I enjoyed eating the fruits of their labors.


PS - I know I'm two months and two holidays behind with my picture posting. Hope to remedy that soon.  In the meanwhile, though, we wish you all Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment