I mentioned that Lela got sick a day or two into our vacation. Poor kid had some sort of virus with a high fever (104!) and blisters in her mouth, which made swallowing medicine difficult. She was usually OK during the day - except the day she took a two hour nap on a beach chair, which was actually fantastic for us since we got to stay outside enjoying the sunshine instead of hanging out in a darkened hotel room while she napped.
We discovered after the first day that the hotel had terrible food, which wasn't necessarily a bad thing since it forced us to venture into Old San Juan for our meals. Lela and ShuShu did a little shopping before dinner.
Lela really liked the pina coladas (I'm pretty sure this one was a virgin).
She and ShuShu also loved the fountain in the main square.
Another day, we headed into town for an early pizza dinner and Babak introduced Lela to her first pigeon swarm. You can tell from the zoom that I kept my distance from those creepy birds, but Lela seemed to like them. I think her fever was spiking then so the bird swarm probably had a very hallucinogenic quality.
No comments:
Post a Comment