Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The Artist prefers mixed media


Lela has been having a ton of fun creating art.  I think you all remember how much she enjoyed painting.  If you missed the post, you really should check out the photos and video here.  Last week we got out the glue and worked on a collage.  



 I put a bunch of do-dads into the bowl.  Sequins, cut-up construction paper, pipe cleaners, googly eyes, etc.  We had regular Elmers glue as well as Glitter Glue (a fabulous invention of marker-shaped glue dispensers that GLITTER!  How I wish we had these when I was a kid!).


She enjoyed sticking stuff on the paper, but she REALLY liked squeezing the glue. I had to keep reminding her to stick some stuff in all of the soggy glue patches she created.


 She was very pleased with her work when finished.  It now hangs proudly on Lela's art wall (I'll try to get a photo of the art wall for a later post).

Lela has also been enjoying markers and she loves running for new construction paper in the cabinet after drawing a couple of squiggles on each sheet.  She also commands us to "SIT!" and draw various things.  "Mommy, draw a cupcake."  "Mommy, draw Fufa" (from Yo Gabba Gabba).  My drawing skills are really being tested to the max.  I much prefer drawing stick figures.  Fortunately, Lela is not a strong critic of my drawing attempts.  I think it demonstrates just how much she is now using her imagination.


No comments:

Post a Comment