As part of our Thanksgiving weekend festivities, we hosted a baby shower for my brother and sister-in-law. They're expecting a little girl in March! I came up with an "Under the Sea" theme and send out cute fish-y invitations. But a week before Thanksgiving when I started shopping for decorations (that's not procrastinating - that was a whole week in advance!) I realized that party stores do not stock Under the Sea decor in the middle of November. Local party stores apparently labor under the impression that it is not swimming weather in San Antonio in November. So, we had to improvise and Lela helped me paint all of the decor.
Yes, that's my brother Alan and his wife Laura. Can you imagine if their kid is bald?!
Cute, huh?
(Well, ignore Swimsuit Barbie riding a giraffe over there on the right. She was not part of the decoration, swimsuit notwithstanding)
And here's a video of her painting on a different day around the same time frame. I love the concentration.
yay blog!
ReplyDelete- Amy