Sunday, November 27, 2011

LOTS OF ANIMALS!

Lela went through a Lion King phase.  It was the first movie she ever watched or cared to watch, and for a while she wanted to watch it daily.  The opening credits feature a giant African sun rising over the Serengeti and a parade of animals going by.  Later, you realize all of the animals of the land are converging on Pride Rock for the presentation of Simba, the future Lion King.  Anyway, I mention this because Lela did the funniest thing every time the movie started.  She would get all excited and wiggly waiting for us to pop in the DVD and when the first bars of the song rang out she would squeal, "LOTS OF ANIMALS!" Usually she would then name all of the animals as they appeared.  Giraffe!  Elephant!  Deers!  Birds!

"LOTS OF ANIMALS!" became something of a catch phrase in our house, used to punctuate something that was awe-inspiring or exciting.  Or sometimes, Babak and I would just text the words to each other at random moments of the day.

There's something so sweet and pure about childhood joy.  I hope I always remember the rapt look on her face as she shouted these words.

We tried to capture the squeal on video a million times, but it was tough.  This was the best we could get.



Editor Note: This video was taken November 6, 2011.  Yes, we're a little behind in our blog posting.  

1 comment:

  1. this weekend, Yoshi and I were walking through the Times Square and heard the Lion King song. That second, we turned to each other and said at the same time "Lots of Animals" - Lela says it in a much cuter way than we do though!

    ReplyDelete