
Lela has been exploring and learning a LOT in the past few weeks.

Just a few days ago, she discovered the rattle fish that hangs from Monkey Island - when you pull the tab down, the fish rattles and shakes as it ascends again. She never had the strength or eye/hand coordination to pull the cord before, but now it's her favorite toy! The other night, Babak and I watched her pull that thing at least 20 times in a row. At first, she was startled each time the fish rattled its way back up, but after the first 15 pulls the surprise wore off she started looking so pleased with herself. The whole process was just hilarioius - it was really better than watching any TV show.
Jacques the Peacock has always been one of her favorite toys. Apparently, he tastes delicious, too.

She also discovered her foot.

She's getting very close to rolling over, but keeps getting stuck on that pesky arm. (Well, the nanny said she actually succeeded once, but as I don't want to miss any of her milestones, I'm not going to count that until I see it for myself.)

She really likes the mirror she got for Christmas. Her favorite game is smiling at the pretty baby in the mirror.


Never one to be left out, Bella likes to stand guard. She's not allowed on the large playmat we set up on the side of our TV room, but as you can see...she's testing the limits with her paws.
SO. CUTE.
ReplyDelete