Oh, my sweet, sweet little Sasha. You are six months old already! You are so incredibly delicious, all smiles and giggles these days. And you celebrated your birthday four days early by finally deciding to start sleeping through the night! I was just about to ask the pediatrician about sleep training and BAM! you did it on your own! Thank you, Sasha, for that wonderful gift. Mama was tired.
Sash is grown up at a lightening pace. Maybe because Lela was a preemie and therefore stayed in the newborn phase longer or because she was my first baby and time seemed to move slower, but Sasha's development seems insanely fast. She is scooting around, army-crawl style and I swear she'll be crawling on all fours soon. She recently discovered that Lela's toys are far more interesting than her own (in fact, I think that discovery is driving her desire to crawl). She also gets a kick out of watching Bella, and more than once she's scooted over and tried to chew on Bella's tail.
Sash has grown into a sweet, happy little baby. She's still more opinionated than Lela was at her age - it's fascinating to see how their personalities differ!
Her "talking" is very high-pitched and shrieky. At times, it's hard to distinguish between her babbling and her distressed cries. You have to look at her face to see if her eyebrows are furrowed to be sure. She still hates eating solid foods. Not a fan of solids, at all, no sir. In fact, I think she hates them more now than she did two months ago. I've never seen a kid go off to preschool without eating solids, so I'm sure she'll catch on at some point.
Babak and I swore we were only having two kids, but Sash is just such a joy at this age that my resolve is wavering. I can't believe she'll be my last snuggley, bubbly, little baby girl. I'm getting weepy just thinking about it. Sash, please STOP GROWING for just a minute and let me cherish your babiness!
No comments:
Post a Comment