Wednesday, April 24, 2013
The things kids say...
Things Lela has said to me in the last 24 hours:
"Mia is in the hospital because she broke her neck"
(I have no idea if this is true, but even if the's in the hospital it's probably not for a broken neck)
"Alessandra doesn't have a mother. She's probably dead."
(I have no idea if this is true. Fortunately, it didn't spark a discussion of why someone who was not really old would die)
"Mama, did you know that kids are all different colors? Like Isabella is brown and I am pink."
(So then we launched into a discussion of our ancestors and where our ancestors are from on the globe and how that can impact the color of your skin and hair and eyes.)
"Mama, we're really lucky to have so many toys because we have more money than other people."
(Um, this was derived from a conversation we had when I tried to tell her about the less fortunate people who don't have money for food or clothes or toys for their kids, and how we should be thankful that we live in a nice house and have plenty of food to eat. She got the gist of it, but I'm glad she didn't make that statement in public!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment