When Sasha was 5 weeks old, Babak was back at work and all of the visiting family had gone home. I wanted to get out of the house. But where to go with a 5 week old? Well, why not the nail salon? I was totally freaked out by the idea of taking both girls out, especially to someplace where we'd have to sit still for an hour, but it actually turned out quite well! I wore Sasha in the Ergo carrier and she slept most of the time. Toward the end, she woke up and wanted to eat and I managed to feed her in the carrier - sure, her head was bent at a horribly awkward angle, but she seemed OK with it. The salon was almost empty and I was on the end chair and I'm pretty sure no one even suspected I was doing it.
Lela was awesome. She sat in her own chair, patiently "reading" trashy celebrity gossip magazines and she sat very still while getting her nails painted. She selected purple for the two of us (her nails, my toes).
I'm looking forward to mani/pedi dates with my two girls for years to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment