Wednesday, June 2, 2010

She speaks!

Sorry there's no picture, but I'm writing on my work computer because I just had to update our blog fans that Lela said her first word this morning! And the word is: DOG.

We've been trying to use easy-to-say words to describe ordinary things these days. Lela can repeat some of the words we say, like "Dada" - although we're pretty sure she doesn't know the meaning of the word yet. We call Bella "Dog" around Lela and we've been practicing with her how to say "dog". She says "Dah" (yes, she uses the silent "g"). Just this morning, Lela and I were hanging out in her bedroom and Bella walked up the stairs and nosed open the door to Lela's room. As she walked into the room, Lela looked right at Bella and clearly said, "Dah." I CALL THAT SPEAKING. I admit that this may be "speaking" only to her mother's ears, but whatever...I think it sounded like she identified and called Bella by the proper word. I think I'm going to count it. (Well, maybe we will wait to see if she can repeat this feat. I may hold off adding it in permanent marker to her baby milestone piggy bank).

Good job, Lela! Mama is so very proud of you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment