Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas 2011


We spent Christmas in Baltimore with Baba, Shushu and Uncle Ali.  Despite Babak and I leaving most of our presents back in Texas, Lela still got a TON of Christmas goodies!

During the Fall, Lela was OBSESSED with The Lion King (see here for cute video).  So, Santa/Daddy brought ALL of the Lion King characters!  Strangely, after Babak purchased the toys but before Christmas, we asked Lela what she wanted for Christmas and she said, "Rafiki!" (the monkey witch-doctor character in the Lion King who is really a third-tier character).  So weird that that is what she came up with, but thankfully Rafiki was one of the animals she had coming to her on Christmas morning!



Simba gets more play time now, though.  She likes to take Simba to school to sleep with at nap time, and sometimes when she's feeling sad as I'm dropping her off she says, "Mommy, I want to hold Simba" and I'll take him from her cubby and she'll clutch him while I tiptoe out the classroom door.



The biggest present was a beautiful doll house, complete with tiny furniture and little people.  Lela really likes taking out the furniture and lining it up neatly on the ground and to position the little people into sitting postures on couches and chairs.  She will do both of those things all day long.


 The best part of the trip was spending time with family.  For some reason, we didn't think of taking a picture of us all together.  Doh!

Baba, Ali and Babak

Shushu and Daii Najool


Shushu, Emily and Fehkri Khanoom

Oh, and back in Texas we finally got to decorate our house for Christmas for the first time!  We've always had a Christmas tree, but we've never decorated the outside of our DC area rentals.  This was fun!



I'll post a few more Christmas shots in a follow up post.

PS.  I know!  I'm just now getting around to posting Christmas photos and it's MARCH?  Eesh.  But it's a good thing I still have photos to post because I think we've forgotten to take any pictures in the last few months.  

No comments:

Post a Comment