My friend Becca came to visit with her adorable daughter Ella. Ella is almost a year younger than Lela, but Lela adores her. ADORES. Lela even cried because Ella wouldn't sleep with her in her bed for nap time. The girls had a great time bouncing, watching Yo Gabba Gabba! and playing outside in some beautiful sunshine.
The greatest thing is that Becca and I have been friends since we were 10. That's only 8 years older than Lela is now. I wonder if Lela and Ella will be friends for the next 22 years. I hate to think about how old Becca and I will be then...
For reference, here's a shot of me, Becca (the two on the right), Cheryl and Nicky circa ? Probably around 1990 or so. Don't ask what we're dressed up as. I seem to remember we all thought we were too old to trick or treat, but we still wanted the candy so some sort of costume was necessary.
and senior year of high school
and college
(and Becca still reads this blog, so HI BECKS!)



Awww, thanks Em! Ella will love this blog entry. She still talks about Lela too. Love the old pics--why were we always wearing similar outfits (other than during Halloween)? Miss you!!
ReplyDelete