Monday, May 23, 2011

Lela and Mommy

Well, hello Blue Eyes!  Funny how genetics works. 

We've been busy busy busy lately, getting ready for our big move to San Antonio.  I don't think I've mentioned our move on this blog, but I expect many of you have heard the news.  Shohreh probably cries about it daily at work.   We leave on June 13 - less than one month away! - and there's SO much to do before then.  But we still took some time to visit the Baltimore Zoo on Sunday.  Great photos to come!

Lela "graduated" from her speech and physical therapies this week.  She's now testing above her age group on all scales (genius!) and she shows no signs of slowing down.  She picks up new words and tricks at lightening pace and she seems to be growing up over night. 

A few stats:

Favorite new toy:  play-doh

Favorite new skill:  jumping and putting on shoes (so long as there's no time-limit)

Only food she will reliably eat on a regular basis:  "Mac-Roni-N-Cheese"

Newly discovered food:  Ice Cream! (thanks, Shu Shu)


Phase most testing of Mommy's patience:  random bouts of screaming (Terrible Two's, nice to meet you a few months ahead of schedule)

Cutest new physical trait:  mullet-hair growing in CURLY!

Biggest Big-Girl moment:  demanding to put on Mommy's make-up


I promise pictures of the zoo to come shortly!  Thanks for still checking in with us, even after looooong absences!

No comments:

Post a Comment