Lela turned SEVEN MONTHS OLD on February 19. Seven months seem really old to me. I can't believe I have a 7 month old baby! That's practically a CHILD. Certainly no longer a newborn. How does time go by so quickly?!Lela is really growing up, now. She's so inquisitive about the world around her. She's still happy to play by herself on monkey island or in her exersaucer, manipulating her toys and rolling over, looking in the mirror, sticking things in her mouth. But, now she also wants to go exploring. Every where we go (well, we really don't "go" many places...I'm including places we go in the house), she tries to stretch out of my arms and lean in to grab objects that catch her fancy. She grabs, she pulls, and most importantly, she puts in her mouth. Apparently, it is vital that she taste every new object she comes across.
Lela is still a great sleeper - from 7:30 or 8:00 pm to 7:30 am without fail. She's moved on from rice cereal and has now tried bananas and green beans. She wasn't a big fan of either food, but she managed to swallow about half of what went in her mouth, so I count that as progress. She's been rolling for a while, but now she's starting to roll with a purpose and she reaches out and rolls and semi-rolls (flops her legs over to the side and kind of scoots her body that direction) to get to a toy she wants to reach. She decided she likes sleeping on her tummy best, and no matter I put her down, I find her on her tummy with her thumb in her mouth in the morning. She laughs much more than she cries and she smiles every time she catches someone looking at her. She really does light up my life.
Speaking of seven months, I remember when I wrote this post when Lela turned 7 weeks old - on her estimated due date. At the end of the post, I wrote... "We can't wait to see how much she'll grow in the next seven weeks...and seven months ... and seven years....." Seven months seemed like a lifetime away at that moment, and now I can hardly believe how quickly time is flying by. I'm so glad I've kept this blog up to leave me with precious reminders of the moments of Lela's babyhood. I'm sure she'll be big and grown before I know it.
7 weeks:
OMG. She is so darling. Her little expression in that first photo is priceless. I feel like she's thinking that Mom, Dad, and everyone else she encounters is wrapped around her little finger. (And she would be right.)
ReplyDelete