Thursday, June 20, 2013

Seven Months



Little Sasha is insisting on growing up as fast as possible.  In the past month, she learned to:

  • crawl
  • sit (sit on her own after we place her in position)
  • sit (get into sitting position all by herself)
  • pull up into standing position onto furniture

SLOW DOWN, SASH!  Toddlerhood will come soon enough!


I think she's going to be our little athlete.  Lela still has her beat in the eating department, though.  Sash still hates solids pretty thoroughly.  We discovered a secret, though.  Pureed pouches.  Yes, I made all of Lela's baby food using organic, locally-grown produce and my immersion blender.  But I tried that for Sash and she screamed like I was feeding her poison.  My friend Cheryl finally clued me into these organic baby food pouches.  I think the secret is that the foods are pureed so much more finely than I can ever make the homemade versions.  Sash is a fan.  It started out slowly, but she's coming around to the idea that eating food may be a good idea.  We've also tried to give her MumMums (bland rice crackers that disintegrate in the mouth) and Puffs (same idea, but in cheerio-form) and while she likes chewing on those, she spits violently if a little cracker piece ever breaks off in her mouth.  I've never seen a kid go off to preschool eating only purees, so there's still time for her yet.  


Sasha is finally sleeping through the night, too!  I was just about to have a melt-down after 6 months of 3-4 hour wakings, and poof! she started sleeping 12 hours.  What a good baby.  She isn't totally reliable, yet, but she probably sleeps through the night 5 or 6 out of 7 nights.  And many times she just wakes up at 11 or 12 and needs a paci and a hug and she goes back to sleep.

look, teeth!


Lela still loves her sister, but now that she can crawl, the shine may be wearing off a bit.  Sash has figured out that whatever toy Lela is playing with is the BEST toy to have, and Lela has taken notice.  To her credit, Lela has been very understanding about Baby Sasha.  We usually try to laugh it off when she destroys Lela's tower or slobbers on Lela's doll.  When Sash sets Lela's toys in her sights, we hum the theme song from Jaws as she gets closer.  Great fun.  

Love this little girl to pieces, but I wish she'd stay a baby for a bit longer!  Slow down and let me enjoy your snuggly babyhood, Sash!

No comments:

Post a Comment