Thursday, November 22, 2012

Sasha's first Thanksgiving and family visit


We checked out of the hospital after 2 nights and headed straight to Grandma Connie and Grandpa Rick's house for some Thanksgiving and family time.  I honestly thought we would still be in the hospital over Thanksgiving, but I was feeling much better than expected so we decided to spend the day with the family.   
From top:  Babak, Grandpa Rick, Leslie and Halley (cousins), Anne and David (my aunt and uncle), Grandma Connie, Alan (brother), Rita (Ben's girlfriend), Emily Lela and Sasha (Lela pitched a fit because she wanted to hold "her baby" all by herself for the photo), ShuShu, Ben (brother), Laura (Alan's wife) and little Calliope.  


I was a little tired, but Sasha did great (well, she slept the whole time).  What a contrast to my first day home from the hospital after Lela's birth!  I remember how I cried driving away from the hospital, since I was leaving poor Lela behind in the NICU.  This time around, we got to experience the joy that should mark these occasions.  And it was wonderful to be able to share our joy with so much family!

No comments:

Post a Comment