Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Happy Texas Birthday to Lela!

To my dearest Lela,
It's only your second birthday and already I'm missing important milestones.  Can you believe that I am on a business trip to San Francisco today?  Thankfully, you don't really understand the importance of birthdays yet.  You will enjoy your second 2nd birthday we are going to have in a few weeks when Shushu and Baba come to visit. 

As promised last year, this is the second installment of your annual birthday letter.  Kudos to Mama for actually following through on that goal!  And congratulations to you, my sugar-bear, for another year of wonderfulness.  You still love your pacis like they were an extension of your own body, but other than that...you have changed so much in the last year!  You have turned into a bright, energetic, opinionated little girl and you are definitely a baby no longer (sniff sniff).  You've started your twos early, I think.  You already declare, "Mine!" and "I do it!" and you've had a couple of impressive tantrums when things aren't going your way.  But these are just the milestones we expect from a precocious, growing toddler.  More often, you are sweet and delightful (did I just say "delightful" - that sounds so old-fashioned...but it's so perfectly descriptive - you are an absolute delight).  You are funny and giggly and full of smiles and occasionally impish.  Here are some of the things you are doing these days:

 - You demand, "More tickle!" and giggle until you shriek.

 - You like to chase and to be chased around the house.

 - You like riding various ride-on apparatuses - the plasma car, your new tricycle and that awful lion.

 - You're imagination is starting to develop. You "cook" imaginary food and force us to eat. Yum!

 - You LOVE putting on your own shoes and you're starting to really enjoy taking off your clothes.  With frequency.  Often at inappropriate times. 

- Shushu introduced you to Barbies, which you love. But they're not as much fun to play without Shushu to play with. 

 - You really enjoy reading The Potty Book, but you have no interest in using the potty yourself. Sigh.

 - Frere Jacques!  OMG, this is your favorite song!  We must sing it 50 times a day.  And before we get to the end of "ding dong ding," you shout "Are You Sleeping!" with glee and we have to sing the song again in English.  You'd think that would be super-annoying, but it's actually quite cute. (Probably not to anyone listening for the 500th time, but I don't mind).

You are the most perfect little daughter I could ever hope for.  I love you forever and ever and a million times more. I can't wait to see what this next year will bring!

Love always and forever,
Mama





PS - Thanks to Aunt Cherie for the Texas cowgirl outfit!  And she even included two stuffed ponies in the box. Adorable! 

PSS - I'll return to my blogging duties now.  Sorry for our long absence, but we've had a hectic month (which I'll try to retroactively document in the next few weeks).  Hope a few of you are still reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment