We've moved! To here:
Well, Lela and I have moved. But not into our new house because it will not have furniture in it for at least another week. We are camping (squatting?) at my parents' house in the meanwhile (where my dad is describing me as a "boomerang child," you know, the one who leaves the nest only to come back into the fold). Babak stayed behind in Baltimore to finish up his last week of work and then he and Bella will hit the road! 1600 miles, to be traveled with one basset hound and 26 hours of anesthesia board review audio CDs, are all that separate us. I don't envy his journey.
But was mine any better? Shorter, yes. But Lela refused to sleep on the plane flight, which I timed to coincide with her nap time. The nap boycott was not cool.
We're staying busy here. We decided to make a few decorating tweaks to the house before we move in, so our kitchen and family room presently look like this:
The family room demolition was done by Grandpa Rick himself. Yes, my father took a sledgehammer to our walls before I even set foot on Texas soil! We are having the kitchen cabinets painted this week. They were a hideous shade of birch colored wood with a reddish glaze. And yes, we are replacing those red glass pendants. They are even more RED when the lights are on. Here's a close-up:
I have a feeling this blog could skew a little home-decor heavy for a while. Would you all revolt if I posted photos of our new light fixtures instead of another 1,000 photos of Lela? Of course, no post would be complete without a Lela photo, so here you go. Yes, that is my child throwing a bloody tantrum in the car today, followed by a photo of her cuteness making up for it.


Beautiful, Emily! I can't wait to see the "after" pics!
ReplyDelete