Thursday, November 19, 2009

4 Month Check Up

Hi guys,
Lela here. I went to the pediatrician for my 4 month appointment today and I weigh 10 pounds 14 ounces! I am 22 3/4 inches long and have a head circumference of 15 3/4 inches. Can you believe it?

My weight gain is slowing down a bit (only 2.5 pounds in the last 2 months), but I'm still right on track. I am in the 7% of weight and the 8% percentile of height overall, but if you adjust for my prematurity, I am actually about the 40% and 50% respectively. My head circumference is in the 25% percentile, UN-adjusted!

Yes, my head is huge. But that just means my brain is big and smart.

The pediatrician said that my neck strength and ability to track with my eyes are exactly on track for a full-term 4 month old baby.

Overall, I am super-healthy and doing great!

Oh, and by the way: At 4 months old and 10 lbs 14 ounces, I am still smaller than my Uncle Ben was at birth! I get to meet giant Uncle Ben next week for Thanksgiving and I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment